Sign up for a free demo class!
For kids 4-8, we've got the best online music classes you can find. In Rhythm Kids Online classes, we gather on Zoom to drum, sing, improvise, conduct, choreograph, and play games with rhythms and music from around the world. The Rhythm Kids curriculum is an international music immersion program developed specifically for families with preschoolers and early elementary students. Now that we're online, we bring our carefully-crafted classes into your home, where kids can integrate deep music-making into their daily lives. This Winter we are exploring the ELEPHANT collection with music & rhythms from East Asian drumming traditions.
Register for the Winter!
Don't see a class time that works for you? Let us know and we'll try to make it happen! (Text: 973-498-8830 or Email: email@example.com)
Rhythm Kids students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—"drums" (djembes, if you have them, but shoes boxes and slop buckets work just as well!), other percussion instruments, and their first instruments (their voices and bodies). When parents and caregivers choose to attend class, too, they not only amplify their children’s learning but also have a great time singing, moving, and drumming themselves.
Honoring both cultural traditions from around the world and all children’s birthright to develop Basic Music Competence, Rhythm Kids Online classes include:
- Immersion in the rhythmic “language” of cultures from six continents (sorry, Antarctica!);
- Playful, developmentally-appropriate music games;
- Opportunities to lead, balanced with opportunities to collaborate;
- Rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation and innovation;
- Deep exposure to music that is both complex and fun;
- A carefully-constructed three-year Animal Song Curriculum (from Alligators and Tree Frogs to Elephants and Kangaroos);
- Expert teachers, award-winning materials, and a worldwide Rhythm Kids community.
We drum & dance. We stomp & sing. We conduct & compose.
We play games & make music the Big Kid way!
Whether as a stand-alone music class or as a companion to formal instruction, Rhythm Kids helps children develop the facility, repertoire, and creativity that will allow them to unleash their own music-making potential. Just for 4-8-year-olds, Rhythm Kids Online classes support the next level of music learning by capitalizing on how older children are wired to learn. Through unique music games, drumming patterns, and music from around the world, the big kids in this class collaborate, compose, choreograph, and conduct.